Swingman

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Note the second one is much smaller than the first...load is probably
above the rated limit but obviously within what the larger one was able
to lift and stay on the ground...but spooky!!! I've done some
stretchy things, but you wouldn't find me within seeing distance of that
one...

When I saw the pictures I couldn't help but think of a friend (known him
since he was a teenager and he's in his early fifties now) who still does
most of my HVAC work, is a certified mechanical genius, and is famous for
doing the impossible.

Richard, the holder of a master plumber's license, a journeyman
electrician's license, and an HVAC license in the SOT, dropped out of middle
school in the 7th grade, but is regularly hired as a consultant on projects
that no one else wants to, or can't, handle, and routinely embarrasses
highly educated, and highly paid talent with simple solutions to large
problems.

Had he been an Egyptian of yore, Richard would have built pyramids.

However, Richard's solutions, while vaguely reminiscent of a couple of the
photos, are so simple and safe that you don't ever hesitate to join in. Many
years ago I helped him (just the two of us, and only two levels of 8'
scaffolding), hump a five ton commercial AC unit to the roof, and over the
brick facade, of a two story building where my recording studio is still
housed.

Folks familiar with the feat are still shaking their heads almost 20 years
later.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04