Dave Liquorice

On 14 Jan 2005 06:29:50 -0800, wrote:

Am I right or will lashings of water & a hand paper stripper do the
job?

By hand, as in without steam assistance, it will be a pain and slow.
If you haven't alreday got one get a steam stripper, they really do
speed up the pentration of moisture through to the old paste. I'd use
one of the spiked wheely things (one with 3 set of wheels rather than
just one) rather than a stanley knife.

Another poster has already mentioned that the emulsion will soften, it
will but as there is not a great deal of water about with a steamy
stripper it soon dries, likewise the stripped paper. Thats another
advantage of the steam method, no heaps of sodden paper to deal with.

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail