Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Bob Smith (UK)" bob@nospamplease wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...
Well people, this is words straight from a layman's mouth, my missus to

be
exact, after reading some of the postings to this group asking for

advice.
She read a good few of the ones where people have done or suggested the
daftest things to do with certain safety issues of gas, electricity,
structures and the likes, and she asked me "how many people are out

there
actually doing these types of daft things, without asking on help groups
likes this one for advice first?" It got me to thinking about it this

as
well, I might add.

So, I just wondered if anyone had heard or seen of the silly things that
have caused preventable incidents while making a simple job harder to

carry
out? If anyone can furnish us with documents, pictures, stories, Etc.

on
the lines of "This shouldn't happen to a DIYer", they would be more than
gratefully received.

The old lady and me have been together for many years now, and we need
things to cheer us up from time to time, while lying in bed of a cold

dark
night. :-)

There was a case in court on the news about a year ago where someone sawed
all the wooden posts out of his (rented!) house to make a loft conversion.

Bob

Here is the BBC news item:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/3770939.stm

Bob