Jonathan Pearson

Angry redrow homeowner wrote:
A large number of houses (approx 50%) of the houses on the estate I
live on lost roof tiles in the high winds over the weekend. Whilst I
accept the winds were quite high, very few other houses in the area
lost any tiles at all. Every time there is any moderate to high winds,
some houses loose tiles.
The majority of the houses affected lost tiles from the hips (sloping
ridge). Where tiles were lost, it was generally from the whole hip.

The houses were built by Redrow (Lancashire) and are from the
'Heritage' Range.

Redrow are refusing to take any action, instructing affected
homeowners to claim off their household insurance. I do not see why
home owners or insurance companies should foot the bill for shoddy
work by Redrow and/or their subcontractors.

Does anyone have similar experiences of Redrow?

What is the best way to take action against Redrow? (The NHBC have
been less than helpful so far)

This is one of the reasons why we moved from a new build to a propper solid
house - We had exactly the same thing about 4 years ago on our estate with
Barratt Homes, all houses been in for around 18 months, maybe 25 of the 70
houses lost roof tiles one night - Barratt were excellent - they had the
roofing guy round even before we had got up (he got us up) - all the roofs
were fixed within 2 days at Barratts expense.

Jon