Grunty

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:44:27 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

I am particularly amused by this line of argument about making cell
phone use illegal..... while pilots are *required* by law to chat on
the radio... all the while maintaining control in 3-space not
2-space.... in all phases of flight.

The bottom line is that people too dense to be able to divide their
attention shouldn't be driving anyway

The people driving cars do not have to study for a 600 Question
Written. Presumably, in 3space, the worst have been weeded out, and
there is a 500 foot separation minimum between drivers.
Guy at work hates the cellphone talkers...Says there is something
poetic about prying the cellphone out of a dead yuppy's post-crash
mouth.
But it's not just cellphones..Hear a few years ago about the woman who
Darwined into a concrete overpass piling? Was found with an open
magazine pressed onto her by the airbag.
The crap I see on my daily commute...People doing office work,
rummaging through briefcases, touching themselves in various manners,
reading the newspaper, eating.....
Yeah, there's metalworking content allright.