Markus Splenius

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:40:03 -0000, "TheScullster"
phil-at-dropthespam.com wrote:

I have just come by a sky dish and notice that there appear to be different
positions for the cable inlet.
The connection is in like a notched groove, with numbers 1 to 5 above the
notches.
Effectively the cable connection itself can move into the notch cutouts.
These have become worn and the connection has moved - so the questions a

What difference does this setting make?
Presumably this affects the receipt of signal?

Put the damn thing up on your house and try it! :-)

Digital satellite reception is not as sensitive as some might suggest.
I get mine using an old white analogue dish with a universal LNB
attached. The only problem is that the dish being solid rather than
made of gauze, it blows more in the wind. The recent winds have blown
the dish very slightly out of place.

If you're using a sky box, the quality indicator is more important
than the signal strength indicator. Get the quality indicator as high
as possible.

M.