none

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:51:14 -0600, Bob Urz
wrote:

Many thanks. I'll start with those two.

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
A blown amp channel, or a bad driver IC.

Mark Z.

"none" wrote in message

I've got a Sony surround sound reciever on my bench, model# STR-DE505.
A question for any familiar with these units.
When I power it on I get a normal display for about 5 seconds then it
flashes "protect" on the lcd display.
Anyone tell me what most commonly causes this?
TIA

Solder up EVERY suspicious connection, then go with marks suggestions
if it still does not work. For whatever reasons, some sonys seems to run
way hot at eat up the solder connections faster than others.

Bob