Airy R.Bean

How do you propose to set it on "center"? (English speakers
spell that as, "centre"!). That is the nub of my enquiry.

"CW" wrote in message
Set it on center, set your depth of cut, set your speed and feed, cut.

What
more do you want?
"Airy R.Bean" wrote in message
Is there a "kink" for setting up a slitting saw to saw through
round bar stock along the axis, so that the slot is exactly
across a diameter? (I presume this to be a similar problem to
setting up accurately for cross-drilling)
This is actually a Ham Radio application; I wish to make
up some very large banana-type plugs from the 1/4" round
bar stock that I have in small quantities. For this, I will need
to saw two diameters in a cross shape, and then splay
out the leaves slightly to make a springy and rubbing contact.