firstjois

J T wrote:
Thu, Jan 13, 2005, 12:55pm (firstjois) says:
snipTage Frid. His name came from someone in this group snip

As I've said before, I don't usually buy any book until I've had
a chance to thumb thru it personally. I don't care how many people
recomment it, just because they like it, doesn't mean I will.
Libraries can borrow books, even new ones, if they don't have them.
I've seen books by Tage Frid, Charlie Self, Doug Stowe, and other
famous woodworking writers, in the used bookstore on several
occassions

Why not make up a list in the word processing program of your choice
and cut & paste the list whenever the question comes back up again?
Consider it, (scarey as it may be) an act of kindness. snip

That is an excellent idea, and I'm sure that generations of
newbies to the group will thank you for volunteering to do that.

JOAT

LOL - of course, I'd do it if I only knew which books to recommend! Heck,
I might do it anyway, please don't be the very first one to complain.

Josie