Michael Stanford

Hey JT can't be a bad guy, not if he's a Terry Prachett fan

"J T" wrote in message
Thu, Jan 13, 2005, 7:56pm (EST+5)
(Andy Dingley) says:
Why not ? The people who know whether a particular book is good or not
are those who've already read it.

OK, bad choice of words. You can "ask" what books, but final
decision rests with the person buying. That's why I usually only buy
books I've actually thumbed thru. Rare exceptions to this are books I
already know I will like - such as the Discworld series books. I'm
willing to ask for recommendations about books, but then will look the
book(s) up, in the library, or a bookstore, and only afer I have then
looked at the book, decide if I will buy it or not. And, having decided
that, I will probably buy it on-line thru one of the links I posted.

JOAT
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.
- Dale Carnegie