Larry Jaques

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:48:10 -0500, "Joe"
calmly ranted:

CLIP
Thirty years ago it was common in
the motorcycle circle to remove flat head phillips screws from the
aluminum casting with a tool called an 'impact driver' (IIRC).

CLIP

Excellent advice. I have both a motorcycle and have tried this. The hex
head on the tool stripped right off on a stubborn one we wound up drilling.

Oh, just drop a teensy drop of LOX on the head and wait a minute.
It will have shrunk and warmed enough to release by then.

Maybe I'll take a digital photo of the allen key I use to tighten the flat
heads tomorrow so everyone can see the pretzel-like "twist" it still
maintains from the last removal project.

Like my 90° Taiwanese (or was it Indian?) drill bit? No, that's not
the angle of the cut, it's the shape of the drill rod after I tried to
use it once.

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming