Don Dando

I presume that you will fabricate a fence to guide the wood past the router
bits. If that is the case the closer towards the rear of the table you
place the router the more surface you have to support large pieces of wood.
Yet on the other hand, if you expect to mostly use router bits with ball
bearing on them then you might want to consider placing the router in the
center of the table especially if you will be routing irregular shaped
items.

I suppose you could make two removable tops to facilitate either need.

That's my "cut" on it !

Don Dando

almer" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm building a router table and the main working surface area is 21.5"

deep
by 36" wide. My question is this: Where is the best place to locate the
adapter plate? Should it be in the exact center or is it better to have it
set about 2/3 away from the front? Just didn't know if there were any pros
or cons to either.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Screamn1