bumtracks

I was always taught You minimize or eliminate risks of knuckle busters
and cut hands and other body parts by always pulling on a wrench/ratchet,
plus you're a better judge of tite - go pushing on ratchets and people are
not only going to chastise you, they're going to laugh at you. You're going
to not only tend to round the bolt head and bust those nuts, bolts & threads
yore going to damage your body too.

"Erik" wrote in message

It's a biggie if the socket splits while you are applying pressure and
you break a few fingers as a result.

You will almost NEVER see a real technician with a busted or banged up
anything... with just a little thought and common sense, you can almost
always position yourself to safely deal surprise slippages and/or tool
failures. Having and using the correct tools for the job plays a big
part too.

BTW, yours truly busted a brand new 1/2" drive 32mm socket Tuesday...
went at maybe 125 foot pounds using a 24" breaker bar, and surprised
hell out of me. Doesn't happen often, but once in a while...

Erik