Simon Kay

Jerry & John,

Thanks for the replies - I appreciate the time you took to reply to my
question.

Much as it irks me, I'll most probablely pull the pin on the monitor & get
another. It just really p---es me off to pay top dollar for something that
should last for years to fail so soon after end of warrenty.

Thanks again,
Simon

"Jerry G." wrote in message
oups.com...
I have seen this type of fault come from either or both the CRT and or
the HV block, as your service man suggested.

Sony is no longer supporting their CRT monitors that are out of
production. They infact stopped all manufacturing of picture tubes, and
the components that go along with them.

Considering that your monitor is 4 years old, no matter how good it
was, and may be, I would suggest to not put any money in to it.

The LCD panels have dropped a lot in price, and I would replace it with
one, rather than to spend a few hundred dollars to fix a 4 year old
monitor.

Jerry G.
======