Jura

res055a5 wrote:
I used a c clamp from the motor mount to a board that the motor was
mounted upon with a hinge. i just loosen the c clamp to change pulleys and
re-tighten it when done. works pretty good although sometimes vibration
knocks off the c clamp;

For initial testing I also used clamps. I soon noticed that the
vibration indeed loosens them. That's why I'm looking for a more
permanent solution.

when i want it. On the other hand; if I ever have to change the belt...that
means pulling
bearings and pulleys off the headstock. i'm not looking forward to that.

I have no problems changing the belt as the pulleys are on the end
of the spindle. Then again, I just replaced the bearings. Very
tedious task as the construction of the spindle/headstock is somewhat
odd and every single piece was stuck. On top of that the spindle had
been beaten with a hammer on the other end causing it to spread.
Fortunately, there is a very large metal lathe in the place where I
used to work, so I was able to get it back to correct diameter again.

Jura