res055a5

I used a c clamp from the motor mount to a board that the motor was
mounted upon with a hinge. i just loosen the c clamp to change pulleys and
re-tighten it when done. works pretty good although sometimes vibration
knocks
off the c clamp; the weight of the motor also holds down the tension, so
nothing happens
and i don't even notice when the c clamp pops off. It just provides a
little extra tension
when i want it. On the other hand; if I ever have to change the belt...that
means pulling
bearings and pulleys off the headstock. i'm not looking forward to that.
rich

"Jura" wrote in message
I'm refurbishing an old lathe. I have so far changed headstock bearings,
I've got new pulleys, a VDF and a new motor. I should now find a
way to mount the motor. My initial test showed that when mounted onto
a hinged plate the motor start to vibrate somewhat. So now I'd like
find some instructions on how to make a solid mounting that would have
some sort of a release mechanism for changing pulleys. Any ideas?

Jura