George E. Cawthon

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:20:14 -0700, "SQLit"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

If a person was gonna buy a small socket set for home
use.... would it be wise to get only deep well sockets
instead of standard depth as deep well might be more
useful?

Advice?

I agree with the other responders.
Look at the swivel sockets. Snap on has a ball and joint configuration on
them. I find that they are very useful in a lot of places. My set happen to
be for an impact wrench.

Check harbor freight for sets that are inexpensive. I use a lot of harbor
freight tools, if they break no biggie.

It's a biggie if the socket splits while you are applying pressure and
you break a few fingers as a result.

BB

You would not break a finger (or more likely smack it) if
you were using the wrench correctly. The points may strip
with cheap stuff, but how often does a socket split? I've
never had a socket split and I go up to 150foot-pounds or so
every once in a while when taking stuck wheel nuts off.
Course I'm only a little guy and don't use more than an 18"
bar (well sometime I use a 18" piece of pipe on the bar to
extend it past 24")