ck

"JohnF" wrote in message
Thanks for the input. I still don't understand how the circuit can have
power in it if the neutral is not connected. Is there a tutorial

somewhere
anyone might know of that could explain these basics. Thanks again. Best
to all in the new year.

"RBM" rmottola1(remove wrote in message
Your cable has three wires in it: Black, which is hot, White, which is
neutral, and bare, which is ground. Your tester is telling you that it
doesn't detect a neutral. Check your neutral connects
"JohnF" wrote in message
news
Calling electrical gurus............the tester reads one green light

and
2
not lit which it says means open neutral. Can someone tell me what

that
means and what conditions I need to look for to correct the problem.

If
it
means the neutral is not connected I don't understand how the circuit
would
have power. I added a branch line using Romex. I connected the romex

in
the existing metal box with the existing BX cable if that adds any

useful
info. The BX cable is connected directly to the main panel. I don't

know
if this condition existed before I added the branch receptacle.

Thanks
for
you usual good support. John

Double check with a multimeter.