jay

Default Is operating more than 1 microwave oven in same kitchen safe?

I recently moved to a house that has a built-in microwave oven. Since the
new place has a large kitchen, and since I already owned a stand-alone
microwave oven, I wound up putting the extra stand-alone unit on the
counter, and so now I have two microwave ovens in the same room.

This is a serious question. Every once in a while, more than one person
wants to heat something up in a microwave, so I'm just wondering if it's
actually safe to operate both units at the same time from the standpoint of
radiation exposure. For example, would being in a room with more than one
microwave oven running at a time, in general, be unsafe, or would standing
anywhere within the space between the two units while they are both running,
be unsafe, etc.?

Currently the ovens are approximately 9 feet apart in distance. One of them
is an 800 watt stand-alone unit and I believe the built-in unit to be
approximately 1000 watts.

If 9 feet is too close a distance, than how far apart would they need to be
for the radiation levels to be safe when operating both units at the same
time? If you think it is a mistake to ever run more than one unit at a
time, then let me know, and I will ensure this never happens. (I'm just
talking about from a radiation standpoint, not an electrical-wiring
standpoint)

Thanks,

J.