Matt wrote:
HAHAAHAHH

I just noticed I posted a link to Jeff's own website.....

http://www.applianceaid.com/evenheat.html
Zowie.

Sorry bout that, Jeff.

Thanks for all the replies. The dryer wouldn't work and I tested all
the fuses/thermal cutoffs but an article on Bob Villa.com said a motor
should have high resistance. This motor had no resistance so I thought
it was the motor burnt out and shorting. Replaced it and it still
didn't work - turned out bad wiring in the socket of the house was to
blame and there was nothing wrong with the original motor after all
(guess not all motors have high resistance?). I had already purchased a
new non-refundable motor off eBay so decided to keep it in the dryer
(new lease of life) and keep the old motor as a spare (it was only
$35).

Turns out I figured out the problem too. The wiring block onto the side
of the motor faces down at a 45 degree angle. When I clipped the wiring
block to the new motor, one of the terminals must not have been lined
up properly, and instead of going into the wiring block it bent down,
not touching. Because of the downward angle I didn't see/notice this
had happened. Once I removed the motor from the dryer for the second
time I noticed the bent terminal, straightened it, reassambled and
everything works great now!