Jeff Wisnia

Ignoramus13229 wrote:
I had such a faulty GFCI on the hot tub. It would trip at random
moments. I was very inexperienced then and spent a long asking
questions on this newsgroup and testing this and that. Finally it
dawned on me to replace the GFCI and see if it would help. Magically,
it did, now it's been a year and the spa never trips.

My system is a regular 110V 15A spa.

You may have had a GFCI with a trip level close to the 4 ma lower
leakage limit than the 6 ma upper limit.

There's some pretty good "hands on" stuff about GFCIs he

http://www.ecmweb.com/mag/electric_think_gfci/

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia