Joseph Meehan

I have an 14-years-old GoldStar microwave that I bought in 1991.
Normally, I could hit the Start button, it would light up, it would
start making noise, its turn-table would start spinning, and it would
heat the food/drink. But one week ago, it started acting up. Now, when
I hit the Start button, it will still light up; but it will make
very little noise, its turn-table doesn't spin, and it will not heat
the food/drink doesn't matter how long it has run.

Sometimes, I can start working again if I manually spin the turntable
before hitting the Start button, or if I pause it and restart it.
But these little tricks rarely work. As a matter of fact, these
tricks seem to have stopped working completely.

I have tried using different power outlets, with or without using a
power extension cord; but these don't make any difference.

What should I do? Does this mean this microwave is taking a
well-deserved retirement?

Thanks.

Jay Chan

Consider this a gift from God and an opportunity to buy a new one. It
will cost less, take up less counter top, quieter larger inside and work
better than your old one.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math