Jim Sullivan

"Howard Goldstein" wrote in message
On 09 Jan 2005 16:28:23 GMT, SEPrince1 wrote:
: I have one and its terrific! I had one installed in my first house 20
years ago
: and have put one in each house I bought since. Instant tea, coffee, hot
coco,
: oatmeal, soup and when you need a cup of boiling water to cook with,
its
: instant. If you have kids, this thing is a must!
:
: Get one. I paid $400.00 for my current model because the wife made the
kitchen
: all stainless.
:

I've had them and loved them until their premature failure.

If your's has survived more than 2 years please post the brand &
model. Mine have all failed shortly after the warranty expires.

When I went to purchase the replacement tank for my old Insta-HOT, the
experienced counter person gave me a history lesson on how they were
originally built (like the one I was replacing) and how they went through a
few iterations where the quality went down before the new generation. I
wonder if you got yours during the bad period?

I like ours, but I wouldn't pay $400 for one, particularly since I've never
worn out a kettle and you can buy a lot of them for that kind of money.
But, to each his own.

--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington