Norminn

Jim Beaver wrote:
My house was built this year. I have several medicine/linen/towel cabinets
in and around the bathroom. All of them constructed at the same time,
presumably from the same wood. All of them painted at the same time, coat
for coat. All but one are normal. The abnormal one smells, from day one
till now, 12 months later, as though the paint isn't quite dry or something.
It's an unpleasant smell that has not faded much in a year. The cabinet
directly below it has no smell, despite being done exactly simultaneously
with the same materials. There's nothing in these cabinets. They're empty.
Except for the smell in one. What the hey?

Jim Beaver

Hmmmmm......got me stumped. I would leave it open, run a fan to
circulate air best you can. Make sure house humidity is reasonably low.
The paint should cure....the fumes can't last forever unless contained
inside the cabinet. If it still remains, lay a tray of plain charcoal
inside the cab. If that fails, strip the stinky paint, repaint with
latex. I'm willing to bet it is just a matter of inadequate ventillation.