toller

Default Noisy pipes

My 2 story house is about 22 years old.

This morning I was on the first floor while my wife was washing up on the
second. The pipes were pretty noisy; more than I remember hearing before.

This concerns me because 2 years ago I replaced some ceiling tiles in the
basement and found that a 20' run of pipes had pulled free of all the pipe
hangers and was just shaking around. I reinstalled better hangers and it
seems fine, but it worries me about the plumbing quality in general.

I don't know much about plumbing, but presumably the pipes upstairs run
though holes in joist and can't move around much?

Should I be concerned about the noise?
Is there anything, other than ripping up the floors and walls, to be done
about this?

Thanks.