SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm installing a Kahrs "Woodloc" floor (5/8" thick,
interlocking, floating) in a kitchen. The "pro"
instructions on the Kahrs website say that for a
semi-wet location like a kitchen, the install should
include a light sanding and application of a certain
specified water-borne poly. That is, refinish a brand
new floor! The reason is fill in the little cracks between
pieces with the new poly.

Does anybody out there have experience with Kahrs Woodloc
in a kitchen, and has anybody actually done this "refinishing"
on a new installation?

Thanks,

Rex

I put a wood floor down in my last home. I would NEVER put it in a kitchen
again. Just to many headaches. I lightly sanded my floor and then put a
satin poly on it. My application had 2 older dogs. Sealed the floor
nicely. However the kitchen area when spills or accidents happen I was
always worried about the edges. (water going underneath). I used a silicone
bath caulk in the kitchen but was never really pleased with the idea of what
happens if the sink leaks, which 3-4 years later it did.

Good luck with your project