zxcvbob

HaHaHa wrote:
From: zxcvbob

Ignoramus13229 wrote:

On 2005-01-10, zxcvbob wrote:

Ignoramus13229 wrote:

[snip]

Thanks. My trouble is that I do not see a grounding buss bar on
the subpanel (will check again). There is, obviously, a neutral
bar, but not the grounding one. I know that I cannot use the
neutral bar as grounding bar. Will look again tonight when I come
home.

My panel is a HomeLine 6 outlet panel.

I have the same panel in my *detached* garage.

You need to add a "ground kit", and remove the bonding screw in the
neutral bar that shorts it to the metal box. You currently have
the grounds and neutrals on the same bus.

I am confused, but that is illegal to have on a subpanel! This item
is sold as a subpanel! Wtf?

It's is sold as a "Main lug load center suitible for service equipment".
It is up to you to install it correctly as a subpanel OR as a service panel.

Don't forget to remove that green screw from the neutral bar. It's
threaded into the metal back of the panel box. That's important. Tape
the screw inside the bottom of the box somewhere so you don't lose it.

Bob

What's he saving it for???

That's a good question. If he ever takes out the subpanel to put in a
bigger one, he'll still have the screw in case he wants to use the old
panel as a service entrance for a new building someday?

In other words, it's probably not very important to keep the screw, but
I would keep it anyway because I'm a packrat. However, it is important
to remove the screw for this installation.

Bob