Tony S

Default Goodman GMP075-4 HVAC Shuddering Sound?

Hello all.

This HVAC unit came with our home in Chesapeake, VA. This winter we noticed
what sounded like pipes rattling or banging in the walls on the second floor
of our 2-floor home. I went into the attic and noticed that the sound was
actually coming from within the unit itself - somewhere behind the gas jets.
It almost sounds like it is coming from the blower, but I can't tell. The
sound starts around 15-30 seconds after the blower starts up. The unit is
still working fine, but the sound is terrible, like a "shuddering" or pipes
banging. It seems to be getting louder. We are in the process of finding a
qualified technician, but thought I'd ask to see if anyone else had this
problem or knew what it might be. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tony