HvacTech2

Hi Kevin, hope you are having a nice day

On 10-Jan-05 At About 23:07:56, Kevin wrote to All
Subject: Programable thermostat(s) for a zoned house?

K From: Kevin

K A co-worker (really, its not me) wants a prog' thermo' and asked my
K advice. Told him it was a snap to replace, just follow the
K directions.

K But, then he said he has a 3-zoned house. OHH-Kay, out of my depth.
K Told him I'd see what I could find out.

K So. Will a typical $20, set-back, unit for each zone do the trick,
K or are there complications due to the zones? Does this elevate the
K project from a DYI a professional operation?

it all depends on what kind of zones these are. if it is a boiler with 3
zones OK, but you need to be careful what kind of thermostat you use as some
of those zone valves use close to an amp and some tstats cannot take that
much. if it is a vav type zoning system it could be pretty bad to try and
change them as a lot of those use a special tsat.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" - s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail