Kimchee

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news
Muff wrote:
I haven't seen this discussed here and need some good words from you
good folks.
I'm building a new home about 3200 sq ft. cement block with stucco.
I want to have it painted with a good paint but the prices are all
over the place.

Any suggestions as to what brands I should consider, Sherwin-Williams,
Benjamin Moore, Gladdens, Bear etc.???

Thanks for your replies, suggestions.
Muff

Forget all the cheap paints. Good paint is expensive to make, and it
will not be priced low. You may want to take a look at Consumer Reports
magazine, but keep in mind paint formulas seem to change fast and I don't
think they have a current review of outdoor paints.

Some inexpensive paint is really not too bad, you just have to know which
one is good. Certain line of Walmart and Sears for example are pretty good
and usually one coat coverage. I usually buy 4 or more 5-gallon buckets at a
time so knowing which cheap but good paint saves some money.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math