Robert Allison

Ignoramus13229 wrote:
My understanding is that insurance MAY not cover any damage due to
un-permitted work. Say you install an electrical circuit improperly,
and it starts a fire. Then, perhaps coverage would be denied. Another
example, say you install an electrical circuit improperly, and your
drunk guest falls asleep with a cigarette and starts a fire. You would
be covered.

Among all my friends who do electrical work around their homes, I do
not know anyone who would ever get permits for simple eletrical work.

We just got finished with a house that the homeowner was redoing his
own roof. No permit, nothing. He tore off the roof, felt and
flashing down to the decking, THEN called for materials to be delivered!

Five days of rain later, the materials were delivered to the
jobsite, but not before 68,000 bucks worth of damage to the interior
of the house.

Like I said, we just finished up,... and picked up our final check
from his insurance company, minus his 2500.00 deductable which he
paid. I have done many jobs like this and have never seen an
insurance adjuster flinch at paying a claim. We had a job where a
house burned down due to an overloaded outlet. (12 items plugged
into a dual receptacle, including a microwave) The adjuster
listened to the homeowner talk about the cause of the fire and how
he had learned a valuable lesson, etc. Insurance paid for
everything except the deductable.

Shall I go on?

--
Robert Allison