wayne

calculator here should give you an answer

http://www.daltileproducts.com/catalog.cfm?cat=2#

go to design tools and follow the instructions it will also tell you thinset
and grout estimates.

for odd tiles go here

http://www.diynot.com/pages/fs/fs022.php

Wayne

"LBaker" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
Probably I didn't make my original post clear enough. I do want keep a
few
extra tiles but I wanted to find on top of what to add these few extra.
For the exactly 6' x 10', if 60 tiles is just enough to cover the floor,
like you said I will add one more box for miscut, spare etc etc. But if

the
12x12 is just a nominoal size and the actual size is smaller as such I

would
need 7 x 11 tiles to cover the floor then I would need to add more for

spare
on top of 77.

I want to know the base quatitiy: 60 or 77 tiles.

Thank you

Bob

You need to know the actual size of the tile to answer that question
correctly. If the noninal size is 11 3/4 or more you can get away with 60.
You will have full tile all around. If they are smaller you will need 77
and
have to center the floor. In this case the cuts will be just a bit bigger
than a half tile. Be sure to check your room for square. If it is out of
square to any degree it would mess up the whole tile layout.