Roger Shoaf

"SQLit" wrote in message
news:WpGEd.79579$QR1.62922@fed1read04...

----cut------
Any suggestions as to what brands I should consider, Sherwin-Williams,
Benjamin Moore, Gladdens, Bear etc.???

Thanks for your replies, suggestions.
Muff

can't you find a tint color you like that can be blended into the mix

for
the stucco?

"""""cut again'''''''

Putting color in stucco will take some planning. However if you color the
stucco you will not have to paint for a long time, more than 10 years.

Paint on stucco is dicey at best, look at the chemistry on this. Here in
Phoenix the Dunn-Edwards folks say that a stucco home needs to be primed
then painted 2 coats, that will last about 5 years. Then you will paint
again and that will last 7-10 years. Of course you have to re-prime and

two
coats of paint again.
My homes complex is turning 6 years old and most of the homes exterior

paint
jobs look streaky and faded. I painted the exterior of my home this

summer.

When compared to painting I would go for coloring the stucco every time if
it was at all possible. After all they are only coloring the last two
applications.

I painted my stucco house 15 years ago and now it is probably getting close
to do it again. I used Kelly Moore exterior latex. Prep. was hosing and
brushing. The wood trim was/ is more of an issue than the stucco.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.