Mike

"Lobster" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message

It's got to be worth a go; has anyone tried this or got any refinements
to suggest (eg which type of plaster)?

I wouldn't bother. I bet once you've finished you'll wish you had just

gone
the plasterboard route as it will look better and have involved less

work.

How can it *possibly* involve less work? Read my original post.

I did. Throwing PVA and a bag of bonding coat at it will invariably cause
more visible defects on the landing side which presumably will then need
attention. Thus I still think you'll wish you hadn't bothered.

Would you be happier if I said I'd promise not to use PVA?!

Hey, it's your project. I was just replying to your request for our
thoughts. All are worth the paper they're not written on.