Leon

"Palmer" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm building a router table and the main working surface area is 21.5"
deep by 36" wide. My question is this: Where is the best place to locate
the adapter plate? Should it be in the exact center or is it better to
have it set about 2/3 away from the front? Just didn't know if there were
any pros or cons to either.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Screamn1

I prefer closer to the front. I do not like leaning over. That said, I use
a Bench Dog Router table and the bit is about 9" form the front edge of the
table. If you need more room you can always turn the fence around and work
from the other side.