Russ Penrose

"buck" wrote in
ervers.com:

Still looking for a entry level saw. I see that Home Depot has the
BTS20 for approx $200. I know that this is not a great saw and
probably not a terrible one. I would be interested in hearing from
anyone who actually has used one. I will be buying a saw for small
home projects and don't need a big "good contractor" saw. On the
other hand I would like to get the most bang for the buck in the
$200-300 price range. Looked at the Delta TS300 which I really liked
but I don't have the room for it. I also checked out the Hitachi
C10RA2 from Lowes ($300) but don't like the cheap miter slot setup.
So...... any comments appreciated. -TIA

I used one on and off for a few months that a fellow finish carpenter had
purchased and it seemed to hold up pretty well. He also let a few other job
site idiots use it and they couldn't seem to wreck it, despite all their
attempts. I don't remember any real drawbacks to the unit. Fence seemed
pretty nice. Onboard storage for miter gauge and fence IIRC. Big table too.
If you're half-assed serious, you should try to buy a little nicer model.
There's nicer one's out there for a little more $$$.

Good Luck,
Russ P.