Johnboy

Default Slightly off topic: Question, Wood magazine, #1 issue. Cut it or leave it alone....

Recently I lost a lot of issues of Wood magazine to water
damage. I've replaced most. I'm on a mission now. I'm cutting the
magazines in half, scanning them to PDF file (I bought a scanner with
a document feeder, wow), then using a 3 hole paper punch and putting
them in 3 ring binders sorted by year and month.

I just came across the #1 issue of wood magazine in excellent
condition. I'm tempted to cut it, scan it and preserve it forever.
Thoughts on this? Is it collectable? Leave it alone as is?

PS, if anyone has interest in doing this, make a database in Excel.
Put in a 'comment box' for each cell with features of each issue, it's
searchable. In one glance, you can see what issues you have and what
is in each magazine.... Also burning the PDF files to DVD to preserve
them forever. Really have no need now for the paper copies.... but
there's nothing like holding one in your hand. Also, you can open the
3 ring binder and take out the few pages with the plans you need.