J. Clarke

Duane Bozarth wrote:

But still doesn't answer the question of whether it can detect the
condition of hand on board into the saw...which is the only case I've
ever even come close to finding myself in. I've never had any concern
of just putting my hand into the blade by itself...

That's what it's intended to do. There's discussion of how it goes about
this on the Sawstop site.

While there are a lot of concerns about its function and utility, being able
to trigger under the circumstance you describe has not been one of them.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)