carl mciver

That just made me think of something. If the bottom of the countersunk
hole doesn't match the profile of the fastener where the head meets the
shank then there's is your problem. The fastener has a bit of an
interference fit at the transition point, and right away the bearing surface
under the fastener head isn't fully making contact because of it. However,
the aluminum "flows" from the stress and lets the bearing surfaces bear down
on each other. Add in a little galling from dissimilar metals, finish
differences, and you have a bind.
Apply a bit of oil or something on the fastener then run a couple in and
back out just once in the time frame you have the issue with. Compare the
bottoms of the holes with and without the fastener and look at the bottom of
the hole at the transition point I mentioned above. If you see any profile
changes, you likely have this issue.

. com...