Greg O

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I'm having trouble finding *anything* cheap. My target price is $1/gal.
Some of the paint supply places in my area want over $12 a gallon for
paint thinner!

On another note, I see that Grainger's "Super Agitene" brand is 97%
aliphatic petroleum spirits, in other words paint thinner, in other
words mineral spirits, in other words Stoddard solvent.

By the way, I have *never* seen "Stoddard solvent" for sale. I'm sure
I could find it online. I heard "it's stocked up in Canada" so one time
when I was up there I tried a hardware store and a paint store. Nothing
but blank looks.

Anyone actually know of a real source for paint thinner/mineral spirits
in the Seattle/Eastside area that's cheap? I don't need another $15 price
on 2.5 gallons, thanks.

Grant

I buy stanisol, or mineral spirits at a local oil supplier. Last I paid was
$3 a gallon about a year ago.
Good luck getting it for less!
Sometimes I have seen paint thinner, mineral spirits for a dollar or so on
sale at one of the chain home stores.
Greg