Larry Jaques

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:18:39 -0500, "Joe"
calmly ranted:

We use some decent flat head screws on our units and I've run into a strange
problem. When we tighten them into the aluminum housings, they hold a
galvanized plate in place. After about 10 minutes of being on there, they
are almost impossible to get off.

Try using aluminum anti-sieze goop on the screw heads & threads when
you reinstall. That should stop the problem on future boxes, but won't
stop the need to drill out the existing problem boxes.

You may be seeing a galvanic reaction there from the 3 dissimilar
metals in contact with one another. (I had only one year of high
school chemistry, so ask a real chemist for details.)

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming