OG

"Lobster" wrote in message
Mike Taylor wrote:
Obviously a not up to date site then
Just checked a laocal road to me where I know that a fair amount of

house
buying and selling goes on. Only one on database and that is July

2003.
Doesnt give details other than if you pay your money we will tell

you the
price paid.
On that one try I do not think it is that usefull being 18 months

out of
date

Bear in mind that it takes a while for house sales to get registered
with the Land registry (months I think) for which you can't fault this
website.

Another new offering with the same service is at
http://www.nethouseprices.com/ - I haven't tried it but apparently

it's
free for a limited period.

David

I've just signed up

"During our free access period users are restricted to a total of 500
record result pages with prices until 18 January 2005"

I did find a local house that sold for £66K in November 03, and then
sold again to £108K in August 04.

Nice result for someone.

though my Mr Suspicious side suggests it could have been a divorce /
inheritance tax fiddle - hence the initially low price.