Anna Kettle

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:57:57 GMT, fred wrote:

So before I put the plasterboard up in the bathroom I thought I might
have a stab at some remedial work. Ideally the landing wall wants to
come down too, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon! I thought I'd
try chucking 1:4 PVA all over the back, and then essentially applying a
very rough coat of Carlite bonding plaster to the back of the laths with
a view to it holding the blown plaster. All that will be concealed as
soon as the bathroom wall goes up.

It's got to be worth a go; has anyone tried this or got any refinements
to suggest (eg which type of plaster)?

Yes I've done this but not on a wall, I have done it on a ceiling from
above. Hoover the wall well before PVAing, propping the wall on the
good side sounds sensible, on a ceiling you'd use a runny mix of
gypsum and perlite which gets in holes easily and is lightweight but
on a wall bonding might be just as successful - worth a try anyway

Would you let me know how you get on?

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642