John

"Markus Splenius" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 01:09:32 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Markus Splenius wrote:

What's the most powerful combi you can get? I haven't seen much above
35kw.

40kW units are available from a number of makers. Some like Man do 76kW
one IIRC (you will need a pretty serious gas supply for that ;-)

What are the limitations of a "standard" gas supply? I have a 3
bedroom detached house.

This always starts up a long running thread between dimm and t'others. In
fact there is a recent thread which may still be tailing off.
A domestic standard supply, governor and meter is rated at 6 cubic metres
per hour but dim tells us he has used them on fantastic overloads without
ill effect. If you follow the standards and current legal requirements you
should limit your total house load to 6m^3. This includes any fires,
cookers, boilers etc.
If you need more you should ask your supplier for a greater capacity supply
and meter.