Dave Jackson

(snip) Grab the new Fine Woodworking. I believe there's a section in there
with a
score of books deteremined to be "must reads" for woodworkers by their
staff.

I'll second that.
Also, I really liked Lonnie Bird's "Shaping Wood". I got this book for
christmas. Although i've been a woodworker for quite a while now, i still
found some interesting things in the book. If i were new to wood working,
the book would have broadened my horizons greatly. IMO, as a newbie, the
book will give you some good ideas and techniques. From there, you may want
to pick up some other books more focused on the types of projects you are
interested in creating, like shaker, mission, etc.. --dave

"patrick conroy" wrote in message
news

"Terry Vacha" wrote in message

I've been to Borders and seen the scores of books there. I was wondering

if
you folks have some favorite reference materials and favorite websites.