On 12 Jan 2005 06:32:22 -0800, "Max63" wrote:

Thanks all! Chasing hammer indeed! For jewellers? I just show it off.
Cost about 9$. Afraid to use it on nails as the shaft is so slender.
Thanks again,
Max

It's not designed for driving nails. It's for delivering repeated
light blows to the the tool as it moves across the metal. Think a
hand-powered jack hammer. The shaft is slender to give the hammer more
bounce and the bulb at the end of the handle aids in control.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.