buck

Chuck..... Are you talking about your saw tripping? Are you sure you don't
have some electrical problems. Maybe too much on same circuit, too long
power cord, etc. Seems to me you need some dedicated line or something.
Some time ago I was cutting quite a bit of 8/4 maple, walnut, red oak on a
cheapo 15 amp saw, but did have a new blade, and never had a bit of
electrical problem. I like Frued blades also and didn't know that the
borg's were not as good.... will check that out.
Thanks again.

"Woodchuck34" wrote in message
ups.com...
Buck,

Coincidentally, I'm helping a neighbor make an end-grain butcher block
island and last night we had to rip some 8/4 stock into 1 3/4" strips.
I probably tripped the circuit breaker about 8 times. This is really
where is becomes strikingly obvious that a better saw comes in
handy....

Forgot to mention before that I also use the Frued blades exclusively,
but the ones they sell at the Borg are not of the same quality that you
would buy online or at a woodworker's store.

I started out with Delta's universal base (the one where you make the
wooden rails). I have a Shop Fox for my jointer and I hate it. I
found that Delta's design made is a lot easier to move the TS around.
Chuck