4-LOM

Default Wiring Wickes security light

"G&M" wrote in message ...
There's a fourth connection on the 500W version. Connecting a switch
between this and line turns the light on.
Connecting a load between this and neutral should operate.

But whether the 150W is the same ?

There is a fourth connection on it, labelled L1. The instructions seem
to imply that this is for slaving other lights to the PIR, but it's
not very definite.

What everyone has said about switching it off and then on again after
2 seconds agrees with the instructions, but they also tantalisingly
mention "override connections" which are never fully explained.

I think I'm going to try just wiring it up from a junction box, with 2
way switching just like a normal light. Only thing is the instructions
*are* very specific about giving it a DP isolator. I can live without
one, as it'll be on the shed circuit, so it's easy to turn off the
isolator at the garage unit for maintenance purposes. But will it be
against the regs? And will anyone care?