Dave Hinz

On 12 Jan 2005 22:01:00 GMT, Charles A. Sherwood wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but did you post a model number or a link to photos?

I did not post a link but my machine looks pretty much like the rockwell
milling machine picture at:
http://www.lathes.co.uk/rockwellmillers/

Yes, that's my mill.

If you look at the right hand side of the head you will see the quill
lever. I am proposing to add a return spring around the base of the
quill lever with a flat spring to keep the spindle from dropping
when the quill lock is released.

I'll take a look this evening. Does your email address work and
can I send you some digital photos, or would you prefer I put them
on a webpage? (either is simple).

simple concept that seem common now on even cheap drill presses. Hey
there is a source for a spring!

I have the parts manual for the mill, can probably get you a part
number if you think that'll help?

Dave Hinz