jim rozen

In article , Harold & Susan Vordos says...

AAaaaaauuuuuurrrrghhhhh! My Bridgeport, purchased new in '77, has
yet to receive it's first tool mark.

I'm actually very sensitive to this, because of the way folks here
at our shop treat their machines. I was talking to one of the
best toolmakers there (now retired) while we were doing so, he
walked over to a bridgeport that another guy was working with.

He took the wrench off the table, went humph and said,
"this used to be a nice place to work." The implication being
that *any* steel item placed on a machine table or way was
a transgression, no matter how marked up the table was in the
first place.

Kind of like always washing your hands before eating or wiping
your feet off before coming inside.

Jim

please reply to: